Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Creatures of the AQ, Part 1

So I mentioned that I'm staying in a house. A Christian house with a full-service chapel. This place is affectionately referred to by those who have stayed here as "The AQ." The abbreviation reminds me of the five-star hotel chain called "The W,"but there are a few differences:

The W: Air Conditioning
The AQ: Some windows that open partially

W: At least 1 toilet per room
AQ: At least 1 person pooing on every toilet

W: Room service
AQ: Prayer service

The differences go on, but one is the most important: The W doesn't care about rowers, and the AQ loves us and takes us in.

"Us," the topic of this post. I thought I would introduce some of the people that I get to live with, those who inspire me every day, the creatures of the AQ. We are numerous (about 20 of us occupy the house), but I have to start somewhere. Yesterday I was watching The Empire Strikes Back, and I was joined by two of my favorite creatures: Greg and B. Lazy.

Greg is a softie in the body of a wildebeest. Once you get past the tough-guy exterior, he's really a sweetheart. His native habitat is Los Angeles, but everyone seems to think that his species originates in Armenia. Greg's favorite food is honey, I think that might be why he's so sweet on the inside.

On the other end of the couch sat B. Lazy, who is a softie in the body of a softie.

B. Lazy is predominately a thinker. He has seen every YouTube video ever created. Nothing escapes his analysis, and he has an opinion to offer on every topic. Including contemporary wizard novels. He prefers to be called Dr. B. Lazy, PhD. He could audition to be XX's most interesting man in the world, but he wouldn't get the job.

Creatures even more heinous than these dwell in the hallowed halls of AQ, but Greg and Dr. B. Lazy PhD are the first to be mentioned because they were watching The Empire Strikes Back with me, which inspired the cartoon below.

PRINCESS LEIA AND R2











2 comments: